I am an integrated art director and designer based in New York City. My work focuses on systems thinking, branding, strategy and the user experience. I work primarily within the arts & entertainment, architecture & design, education, and technology industries creating visual systems through branding, editorial, and interactive design. Some samples of my work can be seen here.
I am an adjunct faculty member at Pratt, and a former art director of Metropolis magazine. I hold an MFA in Design from the Designer as Entrepreneur program at School of Visual Arts. (I wrote a bit about the program and my experience here.)
Through my freelance work, I have had the pleasure of collaborating with some great clients and studios including: AvroKO, The B Team, Collins, Open, Red Antler, Selman Design, and SYPartners.
My work has been recognized by Society of Publication Designers, PRINT Regional Design Annual, The Daily Heller, Fast Company and CompostModern 9, and also published in Fingerprint No. 2. My nonprofit initiative was a recipient of a Sappi: Ideas that Matter grant.
If you'd like to work together, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Five Facts about Ashley:
1. Ashley used to hate olives, but now she loves them – proving that people really can change if they want to.
2. Her design approach is always "form follows function." But seriously, who wants to wear an ugly sweater?
3. She does believe in considering everyone, but very rarely does one actually design for everyone. Know your audience, and design for them.
4. She believes that design might not always be fun, but it should continue to be a gratifying challenge.
5. She prefers to work in the morning rather than late-night, and she likes her eggs sunny side up on toast.